December 17, 2009

my first job!

Since the time I started working I always used to wonder if il ever be able to leave my first job without having to break the bonds I had made there, and today when I have been able to do that I couldn’t have been more happier. Moving on without the feeling of leaving anything behind is beautiful. Having said that, nothing can ever compensate for the moments which would have become beautiful memories, had I been there. I will have another job but I am not sure if will ever have another family like I did when I left college to start out all by myself. God couldn’t have been more kind. A lil girl just out college, still trying to recover from a personal tragedy was blessed with another family. All these years I have spent at Indus have been truly beautiful & probably the most enriching period of my life. The place which made me a lady from a 20 year old girl who was so unsure about so many things in life. The place which always treated me like one of the "boyz"!

Above all, Indus gave me my mentor. The person who by practice taught me that if you know what you are doing & you have the courage to see any plan back-fire then there is no reason why you can’t rebuild whatever you may lose by taking a chance. Eternal optimists we are, and couldn’t have been more proud of it. So many times we both have been so disappointed because of believing in the goodness of life & people around us but we still believe that it was & shall always be worth it. It’s always better to be disappointed in the end than be hopeless from the beginning. As I once said, “I am small subset of the bigger set called Pradeep Kant.” No one in this whole world is so similar to me as Pradeep is.

It still needs to sink in that every morning I don’t have to go to Nehru Place. I no longer look forward to reaching office & eating my favourite anda parantha or bread omlette. The pattern which had formed in the last three and a half years will take a lot of time to fade out. So many things which I had got so used to doing every day, I just cant do any longer. Going to my favourite Costa outlet & having the almond pastry with Ayesha. Or having the Darjeeling tea with her. Asking Nishant to get me a chocolate. And telling him that god never made him a chocolate boy, but I did!! Or giving a self-awakening lecture to Ajay. Or going to Pradeep and asking him the dumbest possible question knowing that no matter how dumb it would be he would still reply to each question of mine. Certainly not without giving me the best possible expression as a reaction of how dumb could I be!!! On my first day he told me that “you are allowed to ask me 1000 questions but I will never answer a dumb question”, but still I tricked him to answer so many such questions all this while.

Today when I am away I still know that I am not apart from the family PK has made in the form of indus. And I shall never be. But somehow it will take me a long time to get used to without having to meet my favourite people every single day. Not meeting the boss, who certainly is the best boss in the world. Each & every friend of my mine envied me for having a boss like him. And it was not just because they all thought that he looks like a million bucks!!! ;)

Not going after Nishant’s life & telling him what a looser he is & with each word of mine bringing his worth all the more down.
Not fighting with Ajay & making him realize how he made such a mistake by once teaching me so many small lil secrets of the trade.
Not having to fight at lunch with Prakash & Rauthan for not ordering from Lala.
And not having to make Ayesha say “sorry shaktiman”!!

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, all first things are & shall always be very special to me. My first job, my first boss, my first day at work, my first set of collegues, my first mail to a client, and all such firsts shall always hold a special place in my heart. Indus has now become as special to me as my college. No matter how much time goes by, it shall always feel like yesterday. And shall be always as special as it always was. And ever day I will miss it as bad as I did one the first morning when I didn’t have to get up to go to office.

No comments:

Post a Comment