March 9, 2009

let it be..

We hear this term & use it so many times that more often than not we don't realise if we are using it for a person, a feeling, a thing or a situation. We all feel that by just letting some one or something be, things will be fine if they already aren't.

It was only day before i actually realised what it really does mean to let something be. On my way back from office something fell in my eye. There was a lot of dust on the road. And just as i reached home I rushed to the bathroom to wash my eye as it was hurting very badly. Wasn't even able to open the eye properly. Mom kept saying that wash it with lot of water. I washed it with buckets & buckets of water. It just became this better that i could open the eye. And then blink at the speed i talk! Kept rubbing it, mom kept asking me not do so. Not only it was hurting me, but it was irritating me badly since i didn't know what was hurting me, where was it and how could i take it out & free myself from that pain. And once again see everything clearly. I even tried to make myself cry thinking that with tears whatever that is there will go away. But that's the best thing about tears. They will never come when you so want them to come. They will always be unstoppable when they should not even peek outside the eye. Anyways, I kept rubbing the eye. Then my mom told me finally not to rub it otherwise i might cause myself internal injury. And healing that wound inside the eye may be difficult. Like a lil child i got so scared! She said since i have already washed it, if i just let it be, it will be fine in sometime. I did just that. Was still irritated. And I was justified in being so. Not only was it hurting me but it was constantly pricking me in the eye. With time it became better. I was even able to read. I got distracted & stopped thinking that something is hurting me.

When got up in the morning, i could just remember that something fell in my eye the previous day. It was no longer hurting. No longer pricking me.

Thinking about all this, i just smiled. I have always believed that god tries to talk to us through various ways. And he probably spoke to me. Told me something very important. When you are not able to understand what is pricking you constantly. You really have no clue as to when & how will it stop hurting. Just let it be. In the end everything is always alright. If its not alright, then its still not the end.

8 comments:

  1. hmm..nice derivation from an incident most of us would render as an insignificant occurence...interesting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... it is so true..!!
    i know at the end things will fall into place.. they definitely do.. and things will reach where they have to..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And then blink at the speed i talk!" this is my favourite line in the post and sums up the feeling of the author perfectly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahaha!!! geetanjali!!!! u are truely awesome!!! yes it does sum up the feeling of the author perfectly!! ;)
    Thanks Neha & Akanksha!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like... i like alot KB... what an 'eye' opener... literally!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oye!!!! once since wen did YOU start calling me KB? u always called me KM..
    n roli my friend m well aware of the term called sarcasm!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i liked the post..and yeah actually we need to learn from these little things!! keep writing
    !

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanku Neha!! n yes these lil things do have big answers!!

    ReplyDelete