March 14, 2009

Thank you friends!

Although almost my weekends are fun & happy but yesterday was all the more amazing! I met friends who can do ANYTHING to bring a smile on my face. And by the time the day came to an end I once again realised that iv been blessed with the most amazing set of friends!!! I am sure all of us feel the same for our friends but at the cost of sounding boastful I can say that no one can beat MY friends!! Not only do i have quality but also quantity!!!!!

At times I feel, that its my friends only who have made me the Kamna I am today. Of course my family, teachers & mentor do share this place but my friends have handled me at my absolute best & absolute worst, that too beautifully.

They have made me so used to so much love, care & attention all the time that not only they but somewhere even I cant stand it when someone treats me like an unwanted object in their life. I am not an attention freak but somehow I'm now so used to getting so much attention all the time that any less attention than this is something very unusual for me. This doesn't mean that i am always treated like a queen. But yes, not less than a princess certainly. You see there is a difference.

Having said that, my friends are the first people to say NO to me when they think i am being unreasonable. They are the first ones to show me the mirror. They are the first ones to tell me to improve if i am trying to make too high aims. And they are also the first ones to stop me when i think of settling for anything less than i deserve.

They are the first people to come & pull my hand when they see that I'm hell bent on burning it. But what makes them amazing is that if i will still insist on having my own way (which is what i mostly do) then they don't stop me instead try their best that they are the ones who are proved wrong in the end. Yes they try to lose to make me win. But even after everything if i do burn my hand, they are the first few people to rush and pull my burnt hand out of the fire. But will never say that that "see we told you". Instead they will tell me, "I am glad you did what you wanted to. Its important to burn your hand at times".

And then so sweetly they will all gather around me & treat me like a baby. They will make sure that this baby who was howling till a lil while ago has the most amazing smile on her face. They never rest, till this smile is back. Thank you Friends!

So this post is to thank all those friends of mine who bring a smile on my face with the small & big things they do for me.

The friend who will take off her own earrings & give to me if i like them!

The friend who bothers himself so much late at night to give my blog a new look!

The friend who will drive for 80KMs in spite of not being well just to get a surprise from me!

The friend who will call me almost every morning asking if we can meet, even if we met just the last day.

The friend who will ask me to accompany her to a holi party every year even when she knows that i hate holi!

The friend who will not let me go to sleep with tears in my eyes, even if she herself is capable of crying while sleeping!

The friend who calls me the most amazing girl he knows!

The friend with whom all my answers lead to another question from him!

The friend whom i call a "doggie" but who will instead make me run with him in the middle of the road to save his momos from a greedy doggie!

The friend who calls me "a set-top box" or "tata free flow namak" and he is soon gonna come up with more I'm sure!

The friend who thinks i had cholera when i actually had typhoid!

The friend who will always drag me to buy a cigarette with him every time we meet, even when that's after days or months!

The friend who will try his best to get tea or coffee made for me in a pub, when am not well!

The friend who will very sweetly hold a karlsberg bottle in hand & say "ek sip to pi le".

The friend who will make me have gol-gappas when i go to meet her.

The friend who will write the sweetest poem for me.

The friend who will plan a movie-marathon with me & for me, & thus gift me with one of the most memorable days!

The friend who will come & gift me with something I so wanted to have but still hadn't started searching for.

The friend who always let me even abuse her but will never say anything to me or listen to anything against me.

The friend who will insist on dropping me back home in late evening even when she herself doesn't know the way back!

The friend who never meets me but will come all the way to wish me before a major exam!

The friend who will come dressed in a saree to surprise me when i am not well!

The friend who will send me to buy a match box for him so that he can have his sutta.

The friend who will leave a chocolate on top of my bag whenever he knows that i feel like having one.

The friend who will expect me to jump from the back seat to the front seat of her car, and laughs out like hell when i actually do that!

The friend who will make a hookah when i go to her place but will not force me to have it if i don't want to.

The friend who will give too much head-room in the pictures he clicks!

The friend who takes me along to goa just like that!


The friend who sends me the most beautiful birthday cards ever!

The friend who is ready to bet his hard-earned money on the question if its "he is just not that into you" or its "she is just not that into you"!

The friends who fight amongst themselves as to who will be the best man at my wedding!

The friend who vanishes from the face of this planet then puts the blame on me!

The friend who will meet me after months, & not a crib that a girl like me who is known to have great keeping in touch skills doesn't keep in touch with her.

The friend who asks me to have Pepsi when we both are feeling low!

The friend who leaves this world after leaving a message for me to keep smiling.

All these & many more friends, who touch my life in the beautiful manner that they do. If friends weighed in gold. I would have probably been the richest person on this planet. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment