April 29, 2009

Devil's Advocate

That's the role Megha plays in my life. She started out as my best friend's best friend. But today she is my best friend too. When I met her on 13th Sep '08 i never knew that so soon she will become so important in my life. Yes Megha, i remember the date! In fact, the T-shirt i am wearing right now is what i was wearing on that day! My habit of what you call "connecting the dots".

Probably god had sent her just at the right moment. Just before god knew i would really need her. And since that day she has played the part of showing me the mirror. The ugly job of taking off my rose-tinted glasses. Forcing me time & again to look at the world & people as they are & not as i want them to be. She kept trying till the day i didn't give in. At last I did. And I am glad about it.

I have lots of friends, who are blessed with the quality of calling a spade to be a spade & most of them are gifted with razor sharp tongues. But Megha, is persistent like hell. If you are a friend, and are hell bent on messing your life. She doesn't give up. She will drag you by the hair & make you sit up & notice what mess are you making out of your life. She will help you clean it, but only if if you give her the chance.

She also happens to be one of the most sarcastic, funny & chilled-out girls I have ever come across in my life. We had hit off really well since the first day! No wonder, she is a leo!! ;)

Since the day we have been friends, she has seen me going through so many ups & downs, and never once did she leave my side. She never said that "il always be there" but she always was. And more than anything else, she believed in my strength when I myself had question marks about it.

I will never be able to put it in words, what she means to me today. What it means when she happens to be the first person to read all my posts. What it means to plan a movie marathon to cheer me up. what it means to come for a night-stay when I come to to visit Neha. What it means to gift me "Marley & me". And above everything else, what it means to love me for what I am. In spite of whatever I am.

If today I can post an entry like my last one, then its somewhere because of Megha. All my friends have always played their part in the best way. But for a person who didn't even know me for even an year. Whatever she did, is invaluable. Once agian, Neha Gupta made me meet one of the most amazing person I have known in my life.

Today, Megha, Neha & I are three close friends (who megha likes calling three musketeers!). And as she says, amongst us, Neha is the eternal pessimist, I am the eternal optimist & Megha is the Realist. Today I couldn't have agreed more with her. That's the role three of us play, and that too to the hilt!



No comments:

Post a Comment