April 7, 2009

My FIRST best friend!!!

The other day i was reading a quiz (reading not answering) and i came a cross a question "Who is your first best friend?" Had the term "first" not been there i would have listed so many names but since it was "first", it had to be Romi Roy.

A person like me who gives a hell lot of importance to the all the "firsts" in life couldn't have been more glad that my FIRST best friend is Romi. Sometimes we make choices in life which we can still be proud of even after 10 years. This seems to be a blessing when today we can't even be proud of some choices even after 10 months.

Although, there have been really close friends even before i met Romi, and when I say close friends i mean the best of friends. But when ever i have to name my first best friend, i always name her. She was the "first" friend who changed me for better. She showed me what I could be. She made me confident. Confident about myself. Confident about life. She made me overcome a lot of fears i used to have at that time. In fact she met me at one of my lowest points in life. Had it not been her, probably i wouldn't have been the Kamna today my so many other friends like as a person. Yet hardly any one of my friends have heard me talking about Romi like i yap about almost everyone else. Some people are very special. But ask my family & they will tell what you what Romi means for me. What she meant for me back then & what she means even today.

We were together only for an year, this seems to be so less in comparison to the time i have spent with all my other friends. But since when have people like us started weighing the worth of relationships in terms of the number of days spent with the other person. And not that we are not friends now..

When i had left Ambala almost ten years ago, I didn't know if i will ever meet Romi again. This was thanks to the fact that we both belong to army families. Infact today she is the only friend of mine who also happens to be an army officer's daughter. Its been 10 years, I still haven't met her as such but when three years ago I got back in touch with her I was just so happy. And now i do have this hope of meeting her someday. Meeting my FIRST best friend. For that either Calcutta will have to come to Delhi or Delhi will have to go there!!

Life has changed so much in the last years. We have changed so much in the last ten years that it will be amazing to see my childhood friend from a new perspective. That friend who had this habit of saying "By Jove"! Memories always seem so to be so fresh!!

Thanks Romi!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment